What can you do in an unplanned pregnancy? Everyone has an opinion, but the only one that matters is YOURS.
Open Adoption is:
POWER: You choose the adoptive parents, decide the post-adoption contact, and control the hospital environment.
HOPE: Open adoption replaces the “I wonder?” attached to abortion and foster care, with the permanency of “I know!” through phone calls, pictures, letters, and visits as designed by you.
LOVE: Open adoption brings love to both of you through a forever connection with your child and the adoptive parents.
FAMILY: Choosing to extend your family through open adoption gives you and the adoptive family one purpose: being attached forever to love your child unconditionally.
Abiding Love is:
POWER: Your voice, your choices. You decide how involved your advocate is – from walking alongside you during pregnancy, doctor visits, during the hospital stay, and post-open adoption. You call the shots even with the agency.
HOPE: You receive an advocate who will meet with you face-to-face, whose purpose is to work freely for you. The advocate meets adoptive parents when you do. She works to protect your hope, demanding your voice is heard.
LOVE: Open adoption is a hard decision, based solely on love. Your advocate will be present if you wish, especially after you leave the hospital. We will walk alongside you before, during, and after the adoption process.
FAMILY: Available 24/7, physically and emotionally present, ready to help and committed to supporting you, even years down the road.
Abiding Love Adoption Agency’s Services are completely free to birthparents. We are able to provide Birthmother expenses as provided by law. These Expenses include but are not limited to: housing, food, medical care, transportation, and cell phone services.
So How do I get started?
2. Meet personally with your Abiding Love Advocate and interview your Advocate to make sure you feel comfortable with her, but Most people love us and think we are funny (but that could be just in our minds). Simply put, make sure you believe your advocate has your best interest at heart. We want you to know you can trust us.
3. Decide how involved you wish for your advocate to be. For example:
- your Advocate is happy to attend Doctors appointments with you, or not;
- your Advocate is happy to spend time with you to simply get to know you;
- your Advocate is happy to be at the Hospital with you from start to finish according to your comfort level. We like to bring good comfort food, love on, and hold your hand throughout it all.
- your Advocate is happy to continue to spend time with you after you make your Open Adoption placement for as long as you desire. Many of our Birthmothers become a part of our family.
4. Learn the “Ins and Outs” of Open Adoption including the legal aspects from your very own Attorney, free of charge to you.
5. Create an Adoption Plan:
- Decide what amount of Pre and Post Adoption Contact you desire.
- Describe the family you envision for your child.
- View Prospective Adoptive Family profiles books/albums.
- Meet and talk to (if you want) Prospective Adoptive Families.
- Choose an Adoptive Family and start your forever connection.
Our desire is for Birthmothers to be Empowered to make the best decisions for their child while having control over the Open Adoption Process. We are passionate about making sure that our Birthmothers are…