Abiding Love Adoption Agency was created by two passionate women who saw a need to educate adoptive parents regarding the intricacies that always arise in the adoption journey. Welcoming a child into your family is a joyful event. Sometimes, however, the adoption process can be frustrating and confusing. Abiding Love strives to make sure that when you get the call, you can focus on the expectant mother and the child – and not paperwork and red tape.
Considering Adoption is both exciting and scary. It is one of the most challenging journeys of your life, but one that is well worth the challenges. This is why it is crucial to start your adoption journey fully understanding the ins and outs of the adoption world. The starting point is always a Home Study.
Abiding Love has an in house attorney who knows the Legal “ins and outs,” and an Adoption Advocate who knows the emotional “ins and outs.”
Where do I start?
- Contact Abiding Love to receive the Abiding Love Welcome Packet and Home Study Application Packet, 1-800-277-0748.
- Interview the Home Study Caseworker Supervisor to make sure you feel comfortable with her. Simply put, make sure you believe she has your best interest at heart.
- Mail the Welcome Packet and Home Study Application Packet with Application Fee to Abiding Love’s Main Office, 5500 Frederica Road, Suite 1201, St. Simons Island, Georgia 31522.
- A Home Study Caseworker in your geographical area will then walk you through the Home Study process which will include 3 personal meetings.
Home Study Time Line
- Complete Abiding Love Adoption Agency’s Welcome Packet and Home Study Packet.
- Complete the Home Study Attachment Packet.
- Complete the 3 personal meetings with Home Study Caseworker.
- Home Study Caseworker will then complete the Home Study Narrative
- Abiding Love will present Adoptive Family with four (4) Original Home Study Narratives; one (1) Entire Set of all your Home Study Attachments in Georgia ICPC’s (Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children) preferred order; and one (1) electronic copy of the Home Study Narrative and Home Study Attachments.
- Give Home Study to your Adoption Consultant for use in Matching Services.